Poly V Pulley transmits high torque by touching its multiple pulley grooves with belt rib edges. It is good for High Power Transmission, Compactness, Low operating cost and mono block designs. Our Poly V Pulleys are running well day & night without any disturbances and perform beyond expectation.
Specifications of Poly V Pulleys / Poly V Sheaves / V Belt Groove Pulleys : Ploy V Pulleys are available in various sizes, with or without taper bushings with different width diameter, materials, torque, shapes & drives for almost all kinds of machineries.
Figure of Poly V Pulley
||Pitch in mm (P)
||Thickness in mm (T)
||Maximum Nos. of Ribs / Sleeve
||Fractional Horse Power for very light duty applications
||High linear speed up to 60 m/s in “J” section, Low cost for light duty applications
||Designed specifically for the automotive industry, it is also suitable for Machine Tools drives etc
||Medium duty drive covering a wide range of applications
||High performance makes it unrivalled for heavy duty applications
Groove Dimensions as per ISO 9982 /DIN 7867
Advantages / Features of Poly V Pulley (Poly V Sheave Pulleys / V Belt Groove Pulleys)
- Compact Drive - Poly V Belt Pulley can be used with smaller pulley diameters to give a lighter and compact drive
- Single Belt - Always single belt is used which avoids any problems arising out of length differences and single belt can drive several accessories
- Reduced Diameter - Diameter upto 9mm with the “H” profile, compare to 50mm with V belts
- Reduced Belt Width & Length - Belt width & length can be reduced for a given geometry and the same power transfer
- Reduce Consumption - It reduces consumption due to higher output
- Higher Power - In compare to conventional V-belt pulleys, it consumes 40% high electric power per unit
- Zero Slippage - It eliminates slippage due to maximum wedge contact on the pulleys
- Higher Bearing Life - It gives higher life to bearings due to lesser static tension
- Silent Drive - Low Noise and Vibration free without generating heat in every application
- Higher Speed - Very High Power Transmission Ratio 1.60 v/s 1.20 in V-belt pulleys, it can be used at higher speed more than 40m/sec.
- Facilitate Machining - It can be used on smooth pulleys i.e. receivers pulleys, There is no need for matching belts and it extends life span
Application of Poly V Pulleys ( Poly V Sheave Pulleys / V Belt Groove Pulleys) :
- Engineering :
- Machine Tools : It is used in CNC Milling & Turning Machines to operate high speed ratio at small diameter, to enhance surface finishing, to avoid vibration
- Heavy Industries : Hammer Mill and Extrusion Press where power consumption is high upto 600 kw by using single belt which requires greater machine efficiency.
- Drilling Equipment, Industrial Saw Mill to use high torque transmission and avoid vibrations
- Refrigeration Systems :
- Industrial & Vehicles Air conditions : Consistency in Structure, Energy Efficient, Easy to drive compressor as an option
- Freeze container : It increase operating life, Its compact drive can reduce diameters and width of pulleys
- Centrifugal Fan : It can be used due to high abrasion resistant, to increase the possible ratio 1.6 and flat driven pulley at ratio > 4
- Air compressor : It increase output, consumes low electricity, low noise and maintenance
- Food Processing Machinery : To avoid functional slippages under jam conditions used in Food processing mixer & pump, Flour Mill, Bread Making Machines, Ice-cream and Coffee Machine etc
- Roller Conveyor : It can perform high to transfer light, medium and heavy load (from 400 kgs to 2mts)
- Constructions : Concrete or Cement mixers, Thermal Engines, Cranes, Excavator, Vehicle engines, Saw Mills (cutting stone or metal sheet), Steam Roller etc.
- Agriculture & Gardening : Modern equipments in Cultivation, Harvesting, Collection of crops like Tractors, Food Grinding Machineries, Lawn Mover machines, Scrub cutter, Stone Crusher, Vegetable Crushing machines, Spraying equipments etc
- Power Generation : Wind Turbines, Generator, Mini Hydro Power plant